Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Minni Decoy

I finally got around to painting these small decoys. The first one I painted the head with acrylics and the body with linseed oil and burnt umber oil paint. I saw a decoy done this way and I liked the way it looked, I didn't go into a lot of detail on the second decoy. It represents a hunting decoy rather than a decorative decoy. I had a decoy maker and hunter tell me that what matters is if the ducks are attracted to the decoy. I used an extender to the paint to give me more time to blend the paint on the head. To give a little gloss to the eyes I used my wife's top coat for nails.   

No comments:

Post a Comment